Our promise to you
We know that in a world of data you want to know that yours is being treated with respect, and we want the same! Below you will find an overview of what data we collect from you, and how we house this data so you know exactly what you sign up for when you register with us.
Your basic contact information
When you initially sign up for our website we will need to collect your email address and a password of your choice. This information is hosted on a secure server that holds our website, and no-one can view your password. So if you were to forget it, we can’t send a reminder you will need to reset it, and we think this is much more secure for you. When you sign up for our newsletter, we will also collect your name, but this is so we can address you on our emails by name. Our customers are important to us and we don’t want to speak to you like we’re all robots!
When you place an order with us, we’ll need to collect some more sensitive information such as your postal and billing address. We will only use this information so we can get your parcel to you quickly and safely, and will never sell this information or pass onto a 3rd party. This information is again hosted on our secure server with access only granted to people who need to process your order such as our Distribution Centre and Order Processing Team.
When your order is processed, we will of course need to take payment. We use secure payment websites PayPal and WorldPay and access to these systems are extremely limited to members of our accounting team should they ever need to process a refund for you.
When will we contact you?
We will only contact you when it is related to your order, or you have signed up to our newsletter. Throughout your order you will receive confirmation emails and updates on delivery, this is so you know everything is happening as it should and once you have received your order we won’t continue to contact you. If you have signed up to our newsletter, we will contact you approximately once a month and we will notify you beforehand if this was to change.
So in short, all your information is hosted on a secure server with limited access by our employees. We will only contact you when there is a business requirement (i.e. to update you in your order), or if you have previously signed yourself up to our newsletter (which you are able to unsubscribe from at any time). If you every want to see what data we hold for you, please email email@example.com and we’ll be happy to send you this.
- General information
- Personal Information
- Use and Retention of Personal Information
- It is John Paul Pet® UK's policy to maintain all personal information as confidential and to use such personal information only for the following purposes:
- Protection of Children's Privacy
- John Paul Pet® UK does not knowingly collect personal information from children. If John Paul Pet® UK becomes aware that it has inadvertently gathered personal information from a child, we will delete that information from our system.
- Access Rights
- You have a right to review personal information about you that is held by John Paul Pet® UK. To obtain a copy of your personal information, or to request deletion of all personal information about you in John Paul Pet® UK’s possession e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A "cookie" is a small piece of information sent by a web server to a web browser that enables the server to collect information back from the browser. We use "cookies" to identify you when you visit the Site (our server recognizes information regarding your domain name or access provider and e-mail address) to understand how you and other visitors use the Site so that we can serve you better. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies but you can usually change your browser to prevent this.
- It is our intention to keep our website up to date and error free. Prices may change from over time and there may be occasions when prices are incorrect and differ from your previous order(s). Correct prices will be invoiced to you at the prices on the date when your order is ready for dispatch and confirmed on your delivery confirmation. All prices include VAT. Delivery charges are detailed on our Customer Service page.
- All goods are subject to stock availability. This website is directed only at consumers accessing the website in the United Kingdom only.
- Ordering and Acceptance
- All orders will be subject to our acceptance of the order. You consent to us notifying you via your email address provided on registration about your order. When you submit your order you will receive an automatic return email notifying you that we are processing your order. We will then send you a second email acknowledging your order and your invoice with an estimated delivery time. Please notify us immediately via email on email@example.com if your order is incorrect or if you wish to cancel your order. Your order will be accepted by us when we dispatch the goods to you.
- Intellectual Property
- The entire content of this website including but not limited to images, illustrations, designs, icons, photographs and written materials is subject to copyright, trademarks and other intellectual property rights and is owned or controlled or licensed to John Paul Pet® UK. You may only download or copy the materials on the website for the use as which they are intended, but you are not entitled to copy, reproduce, transmit, display in public, create derivative works from or otherwise commercially exploit such materials.
- Linking to our site
- You may link to our page home. Provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you. Our site must not be framed on any site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. Where relevant, the website from which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in our acceptable use policy. If you wish to make any use of material on our site other than set out above, please address your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Links from our site
- The John Paul Pet® UK website may include links to other third party websites or material which are beyond our control. When you activate any of these, you will leave the John Paul Pet® UK website. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
- Viruses, hacking and other Offences
- You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately. We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
- You can pay by Mastercard, Visa Credit card or debit card. We are sorry we cannot at this present time accept American Express. Our liability to you will not exceed the total price charged for your order.
- The material displayed on our site is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, we, other members of our group of companies and third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude: · All conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity. · Any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our site or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our site, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for: a. loss of income or revenue; b. loss of business; c. loss of profits or contracts; d. loss of anticipated savings; e. loss of data; f. loss of goodwill; g. wasted management or office time; and for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable, provided that this condition shall not prevent claims for loss of or damage to your tangible property or any other claims for direct financial loss that are not excluded by any of the categories set out above. This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
- We reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions from time to time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of the changes we made, as they are binding on you. We may transfer or assign our rights and liabilities referred to in these terms and conditions. You may not transfer any rights or liabilities arising out of your use of this website.
- Sharing Your Information
- We share your personal data with your consent or as necessary to complete any transaction or provide any service you have requested or authorized. For example, we share your content with third parties when you tell us to do so. When you provide payment data to make a purchase, we will share payment data with banks and other entities that process payment transactions or provide other financial services, and for fraud prevention and credit risk reduction. In addition, we share personal data among our controlled affiliates and subsidiaries. We also share personal data with vendors or agents working on our behalf for the purposes described in this statement. For example, companies we've hired to provide customer service support or assist in protecting and securing our systems and services may need access to personal data in order to provide those functions. In such cases, these companies must abide by our data privacy and security requirements and are not allowed to use personal data they receive from us for any other purpose. We may also disclose personal data as part of a corporate transaction such as a merger or sale of assets.