We know that in a world of data you want to know that yours is being treated with respect, and we want the same! Below you will find an overview of what data we collect from you, and how we house this data so you know exactly what you sign up for when you register with us.
When you initially sign up for our website we will need to collect your email address and a password of your choice. This information is hosted on a secure server that holds our website, and no-one can view your password. So if you were to forget it, we can’t send a reminder you will need to reset it, and we think this is much more secure for you. When you sign up for our newsletter, we will also collect your name, but this is so we can address you on our emails by name. Our customers are important to us and we don’t want to speak to you like we’re all robots!
When you place an order with us, we’ll need to collect some more sensitive information such as your postal and billing address. We will only use this information so we can get your parcel to you quickly and safely, and will never sell this information or pass onto a 3rd party. This information is again hosted on our secure server with access only granted to people who need to process your order such as our Distribution Centre and Order Processing Team.
When your order is processed, we will of course need to take payment. We use secure payment websites PayPal and WorldPay and access to these systems are extremely limited to members of our accounting team should they ever need to process a refund for you.
We will only contact you when it is related to your order, or you have signed up to our newsletter. Throughout your order you will receive confirmation emails and updates on delivery, this is so you know everything is happening as it should and once you have received your order we won’t continue to contact you. If you have signed up to our newsletter, we will contact you approximately once a month and we will notify you beforehand if this was to change.
So in short, all your information is hosted on a secure server with limited access by our employees. We will only contact you when there is a business requirement (i.e. to update you in your order), or if you have previously signed yourself up to our newsletter (which you are able to unsubscribe from at any time). If you every want to see what data we hold for you, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be happy to send you this.
Please read these terms and conditions carefully before using this Salon Success ("we" or "us") website. By using the John Paul Pet® website you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions. These terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights.
1.1 Introduction - Our Commitment to You
Privacy and protection of your personal data is important to us and we are committed to ensure you are fully informed about your rights and how we use your data.
Our Privacy Notice will tell you how we collect and use your data to improve your experience with us. We’ll make sure we collect and store your data securely and only retain it for as long as we need to. You will always be in control of the way we use your data and communicate with you, and should you wish to make a change you will easily be able to do so, via your account (telephone on 0845 659 0011 or by emailing us at email@example.com.)
1.2 Who we are
For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the data controller is Salon Success Limited of registered office address: Ground Floor, Inspired, Easthampstead Road, Bracknell RG12 1YQ, a private company limited by shares and which trades as Salon Success and Three.Six.Five in the United Kingdom.
Salon Success Limited is part of a large group of companies operating internationally (“Group”). Personal Data may be shared with other companies within the Group to achieve the purposes set out in this Notice.
For simplicity throughout this Notice, ‘we’ and ‘us’ means Salon Success and its brands
1.3 Information we collect, why we collect, and the benefit to you
There are a number of different permitted basis which allows a company to collect and process your personal data, including:
In specific situations, we can collect and process your data with your consent.
For example, if you opt to receive email newsletters from us.
In certain circumstances, we need your personal data to comply with our contractual obligations.
For example, if you order an item from us for delivery, we’ll collect your address details to deliver your purchase, and pass them to our third party courier.
If the law requires us to, we may need to collect and process your data.
For example, we can pass on details of people involved in fraud or other criminal activity affecting Salon Success to law enforcement authorities or to external advisers.
In specific situations, we require your data to pursue our legitimate interests in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running our business and which does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests.
For example, we may use your purchase/browsing history to send you offers or when you return to our site we can identify you and offer you suggestions. We also combine the shopping history of our customers to identify trends and ensure we can keep up with demand, or offer new products/services.
We collect information from and about you at various times and in different ways to help us provide you with the best possible service based on our overall understanding of you, as well as to meet our obligations under the law.
We use your data to:
• manage your account with us and provide you with products and services you want • communicate with you and manage our relationship with you • personalise and improve your experience • inform you of latest trends, products, services and promotions that you may like • improve our services, fulfil our administrative purposes, comply with our legal obligations and protect our business
1.4 When and where we collect and process your data
• When you create an account with us. • When you visit any of our websites or when you contact us via the phone or email. • When you use your account to buy products and services. • When we fulfil your orders. • When you engage with us on social media. • When you join one of our loyalty programmes such as Signature Salon Points. • When you provide your information by filling in forms on our sites. • When you enter a prize draw or competition. • When you contact us by any means with queries, complaints etc. • When you choose to complete any surveys we send you. • When you comment on or review our products and services. • When you book to attend any of our events and/or education events, and also when you shop at one of these events. • When you have given a third party permission to share with us the information they hold about you.
1.5 What sort of personal data do we collect?
• When opening an account your personal details (name, address, contact details, professional status – for e.g., salon owner, salon manager, stylist, where relevant VAT details, and email address).
• When you make purchases via telephone from our Club Services, delivery address (if different from billing) and transaction details of the products and services purchased and offers used.
• If you have a web account with us: your name, billing/delivery address, orders and receipts, email and telephone number.
• Details of your interactions with us through our Club Services and online.
• Details of your purchases
• Details of your IP address, visits to our websites, and which site you came from to ours.
• We take payment card information
• Your comments and product reviews
• Your social media username, if you interact with us through those channels, to help us respond to your comments, questions or feedback
1.6 Why do we collect this information?
• To process and fulfil your transactions with us via website and/or telephone. If we do not collect your personal data, we will not be able to process your order and comply with our legal obligations. For example, your details may be passed to a third party to deliver the product or service to you.
• To respond to your queries, refund requests and complaints.
• To be able to contact you to send you information about new products and promotions that may be of interest.
• To process your booking or appointment requests (e.g. colour education visits, 3.6.5. education events).
• To administer any of our prize draws or competitions which you enter.
• To send you survey and feedback requests to help us improve our services to you.
• To send you communications required by law or which are necessary to inform you about our changes to the services we provide you, for example, updates to this Privacy Notice, product recall notices, and legally required information relating to your orders.
1.7 What is the benefit to you?
We endeavour to provide you with the best possible customer service. To help us achieve this we gather the information you have provided us. We then use this information to offer you promotions, products and services that is most likely to interest you. The data privacy laws allows us to do this under legitimate interest to help us understand our customers to help us provide you the best service.
1.8 Sharing your data, why we need to share?
We use a number of partners to help us provide the best possible service, understand what’s important to our customers, and improve what we sell. We sometimes need to share your data in order to achieve this, but we choose our partners carefully, and seek the maximum protection possible to keep your data as safe as possible. We also insist that their data is not shared with anyone else. If we stop using their services, any of your data held by them will either be deleted or rendered anonymous.
• Examples of the partners we may share your data with are:
• IT companies who support our website and other business systems and processes.
• Operational companies who help us fulfil our obligations to you.
• For example, delivery companies, debt recovery agencies, training providers, document storage companies, fraud prevention agencies, credit reference agencies.
• Direct marketing companies who help us manage our communications with you.
• Google/Facebook to show you products that might interest you while you’re browsing the internet. This is based on either your marketing consent or your acceptance of cookies on our websites.
• Analytics/Data insight companies.
• For example, to manage your data and ensure it is kept up to date; to help us better understand what you like or are interested in so we can send you personalised advertisements; to understand how you use our websites; to obtain feedback on your experience; to understand if you liked our promotions.
• Legal and enforcement bodies where we have a legal obligation or when it is necessary to protect us both.
• Our external professional advisers and insurers.
• In the event that Salon Success is involved in the transfer of any division or the whole business as a going concern to new owners, your personal data will, where relevant, be transferred to the new owner or controlling party, under the terms of this Privacy Notice.
• As mentioned above, we may also share your data with our Group.
1.9 Where your personal data may be processed
Sometimes we will need to share your personal data with third parties outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
The EEA includes all EU Member countries as well as Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway.
We may transfer personal data that we collect from you to third-party data processors in countries that are outside the EEA such as Australia or the USA. For example, this might be required in order to provide support services.
If we do this, we have procedures in place to ensure your data receives the same protection as if it were being processed inside the EEA. For example, our contracts with third parties will state the standards they must follow at all times. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Notice and applicable data protection laws.
1.10 How long we keep your personal information
We will only keep your personal information for so long as it is necessary for the purpose for which is was collected and for us to fulfil our contractual and legal obligations. We maintain retention records of how long information containing personal data will be retained for.
At the end of the respective retention period, your data will either be deleted completely or anonymised, for example by aggregation with other data so that it can be used in a non-identifiable way for statistical analysis and business planning.
Some examples of customer data retention periods:
When you place an order, we may keep the personal data you give us for at least six years so we can comply with our legal and contractual obligations.
If you’ve not used your account or interacted with us for more than three years, your account will be flagged as inactive will be closed and we will delete or anonymise the personal data associated with it.
1.12 Your rights
You have certain rights to control your information and the manner in which we process it. This includes:
• A right to get access to your personal information
To ask for your information please write to Subject Access Requests, Customer Service, Salon Success Ltd, Units 1-2 Millennium Point, Broadfields, Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, HP19 8YH or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If we choose not to action your request we will explain to you the reasons for our refusal.
To protect the confidentiality of your information, we will ask you to verify your identity before proceeding with any request you make under this Privacy Notice, and, where applicable, further information to help us search for your personal information, where a specific request is received.
If you have authorised a third party to submit a request on your behalf, we will ask them to prove they have your permission to make the request.
We will respond to your request within 1 month of us verifying your identity.
• A right to request us to correct inaccurate information, or update incomplete information;
Please refer to Updating Your Details section below as to how to do this.
• A right to ask that your information is erased (or restricted), provided we do not have any continuing lawful reason to continue to use and process your information;
• A right to withdraw your consent where you have given us your consent to process your data;
• A right to object to our use of your information (where we rely on our legitimate interests to use your personal information) provided we do not have any continuing lawful reason to continue to use and process your information. When we do rely on our legitimate interests to use your personal information for direct marketing, we will always comply with your right to object;
• A right to object to us processing your information for direct marketing purposes, including profiling you for the purposes of direct marketing;
You can withdraw any consent that you have previously given to us or to change your preferences on any automatic benefits that we action – e.g. our trade customers are automatically eligible to receive our Portfolio trade flyer in the post which is sent seasonally and contains the forthcoming promotions – however if you no longer wish to receive this information please see the ‘Updating Your Details’ section below on how to opt out.
• The Right to request that your information is transferred to another controller in a structured data file (in a commonly used and machine readable format)
You can exercise the above rights and/or manage your information as detailed in the Updating Your Details section.
Please note that you may continue to receive communications for a short period after changing your preferences while our systems are fully updated.
You can learn more about your rights specific to Salon Success by reading this Privacy Notice or for more general advice, you can refer to here: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/.
1.13 Contact Us
Our Privacy Notice is intended to be helpful to you in explaining why and how we collect and use your personal data and in providing you with information about your rights to control your information.
Email us on email@example.com
Call us on: 0845 659 0011
Or write to us at:
Customer Services, Salon Success Ltd, 1-2 Millennium Point, Broadfields, Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, HP19 8YH
If, however, we have been unable to address your concerns or you are unhappy with the way in which we have handled your personal information, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Post: Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF Call: 0303 123 1113 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
1.14 Updating your details
If any of your personal information changes, you can update your personal details at any time by calling us on 0845 659 0011 or you can also email us at email@example.com with details of the changes required.
We are in the current process of implementing an online preference centre which you will be able to access directly allowing you to access and update your personal details and also your preferences in the way we communicate with you. We expect this service to be available at the beginning of June 2018.
1.15 Marketing communications
When you open an account with us, you can decide how you would like to be contacted with marketing communications. You can call us on 0845 659 0011 who will be happy to help update your communication preferences. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with details of the changes required.
As mentioned above in Updating your details, paragraph 14, we are in the current process of implementing an online preference centre which you will be able to access directly allowing you to access and update your personal details and also your preferences in the way we send marketing communications to you. We expect this service to be available at the beginning of June 2018.
1.16 Changes to our Privacy Notice
We may make changes to this Privacy Notice in the future. We will publish any changes on our website and where appropriate, we will notify you by email.